Sunday, January 31, 2010

i got yelled at...

I got yelled at about not updating my blog, so i'm updating. This is my first entry since I came back to school for the new semester. So sad how shallow my resolve is in keeping up with these ramblings. Anywhoo, I do have some things to report.

1. I have not been studying for boards as I should have, but instead of that fact acting as motivation, I'm feeling overwhelmed and drinking/sleeping/eating more than I should aka not studying aka failing. When I'm presented with a daunting task, I tend to run and hide...not exactly something I'm proud of, but something I'm more aware of about myself now.

2. I bought my plane ticket to Hawaii :) It makes everything feel more real. I can't believe I'll be on my own to see my own patients, by myself, in 3 months. That's not a very long time at all! ahhhhhh~

3. I am going to try to get back to the arts more. St. Louis is rich with shows and symphony concerts and I feel like I haven't been taking full advantage. I met the concertmaster and a cellist of the St Louis Symphony and realized how much I miss it. Using my studies as an excuse, I basically stopped listening and playing. I especially miss playing in a quartet...gotta get on that.

Just a few upcoming events: Heart of America Contact Lens Congress in two weeks in Kansas City; AOA-PAC conference first week of March in Washington DC; Boards March 16-17; Puerto Vallarta with the girls last week of March. =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of all of your upcoming travels!!!! All of them should be so much fun! PS I'm sad we are not gonna be CL partners anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete